Sports News | High Jumper Who Was Barred from Paris Olympics for Doping Gets Two-year Ban
Get latest articles and stories on Sports at LatestLY. A Polish high jumper who was suspended for doping on the eve of the Paris Olympics has now been given a two-year ban, the Athletics Integrity Unit said Tuesday.
Monaco, May 20 (AP) A Polish high jumper who was suspended for doping on the eve of the Paris Olympics has now been given a two-year ban, the Athletics Integrity Unit said Tuesday.
Norbert Kobielski tested positive for a banned stimulant, pentedrone, at a competition in Poland in May last year.
The 28-year-old athlete had qualified for the Paris Olympics with a career-best jump of 2.33 meters in September 2023 at the Prefontaine Classic meeting in Eugene, Oregon. He had placed 10th at the world championships the previous month in Budapest, Hungary.
Kobielski's suspension was announced three days before the opening ceremony in Paris last July.
Also Read | PSL 2025 Play-Offs Schedule: Know Who Plays Whom in Second Round of Pakistan Super League Season 10.
The AIU said his ban was backdated to the time of his suspension, and will run until July next year. His sixth-place result at the 2024 European Championships was disqualified. (AP)
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)