New Delhi, May 14: In a good news for all the aspirants willing to be a part of the Indian Navy, the force has introduced an entrance test, starting this year from September. The Indian Navy on Tuesday announced the Indian Navy Entrance Test (Officers) also known as INET for all graduates. The entrance test is scheduled to be conducted twice a year from September 2019. The first Indian Navy Entrance Test (Officers), i.e. INET (Officers), is scheduled in September 2019 in various centers across the country. Along with this, University Entry Scheme (UES) & Combined Defence Services (CDS) entries will also continue. Indian Navy Chief Backs 'Make in India' Campaign; Says, '32 Indigenously Built Ships to be Inducted Soon'.
INET (Officers) will be used for screening for Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission Officer candidates for all graduate entries other than those that are screened by UPSC or University Entry Scheme.
The Spokesperson of the Indian Navy took to micro-blogging site Twitter and informed that the Navy introduces Indian Navy Entrance Test (Officers) for all graduate entries. “INET (Officers) shall be conducted twice a year w.e.f Sep19. University Entry Scheme(UES) & Combined Defence Services (CDS) entries to continue as hitherto”, the tweet said. Indian Navy Initiates Process to Acquire Submarines Equipped With 500 Km Range Cruise Missile Under Project-75.
How to Enroll:
- Once the new process is in place, only one advertisement will be published every six months.
- Applicants will need to exercise their option for entries that they wish to be considered for, on the basis of their educational qualification.
- Details of entries, age and educational qualifications are available on joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Candidates are advised to register once on the website to fill in their personal, communication and educational particulars, as well as upload their supporting documents.
- Doing this before the application submission window opens, is advisable in order to save time.
- Eligible candidates will receive automated email alerts when the application submission window opens.
Passing and Eligibilty Criteria:
- The INET (Officers) will have four sections- English, Reasoning and Numerical Ability, General Science and Mathematical Aptitude, and General Knowledge.
- Candidates will need to pass in each section to be considered for SSB call up.
- Candidates will be called up for SSB interview on the basis of performance in INET (Officers) and their entry preference.
- To be considered for final Merit List, candidates would need to qualify in SSB and subsequent Medical Examination.
- Merit List will be drawn up on the basis of marks scored in INET (Officers) and SSB marks. Selected candidates will undergo Basic Training at the Indian Naval Academy.
At present, officer candidates are shortlisted for interviews by Services Selection Board (SSB) on the basis of marks scored in graduation (or post-graduation for certain entries). Henceforth, shortlisting for SSB will be taken on the basis of marks scored in the INET entrance test.