Kanpur: BSF Personnel Sarvesh Gupta Assaults 65-Year-Old Father Over Land Transfer (Watch Video)
A purported viral video allegedly shows a BSF personnel assaulting and dragging his 65-year-old father in Kanpur over a family land dispute. The retired home guard has accused his son of repeatedly attacking him to force a land transfer. Police have acknowledged the complaint, formed an investigation team and said appropriate action will be taken based on the findings.
A purported video allegedly showing a Border Security Force (BSF) personnel assaulting and dragging his 65-year-old father with sticks in Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur has gone viral on social media, prompting a police investigation. The elderly man has accused his son of repeatedly attacking him to force him to transfer family land in his name.
The incident was reported from Purwamir village under the Maharajpur police station limits on Friday, June 26. Police said they are aware of the allegations and have formed a team to investigate the matter. Action will be taken based on the findings of the inquiry. Gorakhpur Shocker: Minor Boy Rapes 9-Month-Old Infant in UP; Cops Find 50 Obscene Videos on Accused's Phone.
Viral Video Shows BSF Jawan Allegedly Assaulting Elderly Father Over Land Dispute
उत्तर प्रदेश –
कानपुर में BSF जवान सर्वेश गुप्ता ने बूढ़े पिता रमाशंकर गुप्ता को सड़क पर पीटा और घसीटा। बताया जा रहा है कि सर्वेश जमीन अपने नाम करने का दबाव बना रहा था, पिता ने इससे इनकार कर दिया था। pic.twitter.com/zxIl8FvcYq
— Sachin Gupta (@Sachingupta) June 27, 2026
According to Ramashankar Gupta, 65, a retired home guard, his middle son Sarvesh, 30, allegedly pressures him to transfer family land whenever he returns home on leave.
Ramashankar claimed that when he refuses, his son allegedly assaults him with sticks. He also displayed injuries on his body and alleged that local residents intervened to rescue him during the latest incident. The allegations made by the elderly man have not been independently verified. UP Shocker: 29-Year-Old Man Arrested for Kidnapping and Raping 5-Year-Old Girl in Ballia.
Ramashankar alleged that he had been approaching the local police station and outpost for the past three days but did not receive any action on his complaints. The purported video of the incident has since circulated widely on social media, drawing attention to the alleged assault and the family's land dispute.
Maharajpur Station House Officer (SHO) Rajesh Kumar said police have taken cognisance of the allegations and assigned a team to investigate the matter. He said appropriate legal action would be taken based on the outcome of the investigation.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jun 28, 2026 04:06 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).