Navi Mumbai: Man Gets Life Term for Raping 3-Year-Old Relative in Kamothe, Booked Under POCSO Act
Representational Image (Photo Credits: Newsplate)

Mumbai, November 5: A Mumbai man was sentenced to life term in jail for allegedly raping a 3-year-old daughter of his sister-in-law in Kamothe area of Navi Mumbai. Reports inform that the Alibaug district session court for POCSO Act cases sentenced the accused to life term imprisonment in connection with the crime. According to a report by TOI, the man, who hails from Curry road area in Mumbai, had sexually assaulted the minor in Kamothe area of Navi Mumbai in 2016. The report informs that the rape case was registered in January 2016 when the accused visited his sister-in-law, who was nurturing his minor son. Uttar Pradesh: Police Inspector Rapes Woman Constable for 8 Years

The accused, who has been identified as Ganesh Shinde (30) was convicted on October 31 by special sessions court judge VM Mohite. According to the TOI report, the Additional Government Pleader (AGP) Advocate NG Tulpule produced the testimony of six witnesses including Dr Anuja Thomas whose medical report confirmed that the minor girl was assaulted.

When the incident happened in January 2016, the rape victim minor girl was then 2 years and 10 months old. Shinde has been arrested and has been booked under Section 376 (2) (f) (g) of the IPC along with Section 3,4,5,6,7 and 8 of the POCSO Act. Since, then he was lodged at Taloja jail. Gujarat: Woman ASI Accuses Sub-Inspector of Rape on Pretext of Marrying Her.

The rape took place when Shinde had visited his sister-in-law’s house in Kamothe to meet his minor son who was of the same age as the victim. The report informs that when he slept beside the minor girl on the bed, he sexually assaulted her. Pune: 23-Year-Old Woman 'Raped Twice' on Gunpoint by Her Colleague. 

The brutal incident came to light when the girl’s mother returned home and saw blood stains on the bed and saw her daughter bleeding. As only Shinde was in the house, he was questioned, after which he fled. Soon after, the Kamothe police registered an FIR against the accused.