It’s that time of the year when we are busy hopping parties but at the same time making skin care resolutions. New year is thus an opportunity for picking up the right skin care products and treatments. Be it removing the stubborn pad of fat that has lasted forever, volumizing your smile, or saying goodbye to the pain of waxing, or getting rid of the unwanted tan you picked up at recent holiday, the new year holds immense potential to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul and we are here to make sure that you don’t lose your way. Dr. Apratim Goel, Dermatologist & laser surgeon, Cutis Skin Solution provides with expert tips on the beauty trends, technology and cosmetic treatments to look forward in 2019. Beauty Trends 2019 Predictions: From Monochromatic Eyes to Metallic Lips, Experts Reveal Makeup Looks To Wear in the New Year.
Beauty and Cosmetic Treatments in 2019
1. Skin tightening and lifting: Better machines will provide sustained non-surgical face lifts over a single session with almost no down time. With more providers in the market, HIFU, Sigma lift, Ulthera treatment seems to be emerging as the best technologies.
2. Body contouring devices: ‘Face is the new body’ seems to be coming true for 2019 as well. There is a paradigm shift in focus below the neck to body. Cooltech, coolsculpt or newer entries like Sculpsure, Vanquish, Enlighten will continue to see increasing demand due to more people desiring toned physiques. Injectable RF Thermi is something to place the bets on.
3. Hair Reduction lasers have continued to dominate the market for quite some years now and this will continue due to advances like better cooling attachments which lower the chances of side effects and cause minimal patient discomfort. Use of multiple wavelengths in one laser will be the choice of the year. The triple wavelength Primelase laser and Soprano Ice seems to be the hot sellers.
For those who have their hearts set on looking better, non-surgical treatments will continue to be more popular than going under the knife.
4. Fillers: Lip augmentation are likely to top 2019’s popularity list along with fillers on other parts of the face for compensating volume loss. Fillers have evolved beyond the original hyaluronic acid to others that bring greater specificity and nuance, so that skilled injectors would be able to further optimize results.
5. Medical facials: Instead of simply using scented soaps and applying traditional facials, medical facials use prescription strength ingredients like Retin-A, Vitamin C, and Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids thus providing much better efficacy. These facials combined with laser technologies will continue their upward trajectory. The constant exposure to pollution will further propagate anti-pollution medifacials. These consist of lymphatic massage to drain toxins and use of deep-sea products that help in detoxification and clearing of skin.
Thanks to insta trends like #Sundayfacials, face masks are here to stay and be more popular than exotic ingredients like charcoal, wine, caviar, snail secretions, etc. Natural ingredients and holistic approach to skin care seems to be the key in 2019. The New Year seems to be another promising year with loads of goodies in our kitty. I have my fingers crossed to see in which direction the wind blows. Super excited about the thought of being able to work with newer trends and technologies.