Mukesh Ambani, Reliance Industries (RIL) Chairman and India's richest man turned 62 on Friday, April 19. Ambani is not only one of the most powerful businessmen in India, but also an influential personality across the globe. Mukesh, the elder son of Dhirubhai Ambani and Kokilaben Ambani, was born in Aden, Yemen on April 19, 1957. He is the eldest among four children. Earlier in April this year, Ambani was featured in the TIME magazine's list of 100 most influential people. Hurun Global Rich List 2019: Mukesh Ambani First Indian to Enter Top 10 Richest List.
Ambani was named in the list of "Time 100 Most Influential People 2019" which included US President Donald Trump, Pope Francis, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and Indian-American comedian Hasan Minhaj. Forbes List of Richest Indians 2018: Mukesh Ambani Retains Top Spot For 11th Consecutive Year, Know Names of 100 Billionaires Here.
Here are 9 facts about the Reliance Jio owner that you should definitely know
- Mukesh Ambani, the business tycoon, officially joined Reliance Industries in 1981 and thereafter integrated Reliance industries textiles into polyester fibre and later into petrochemicals. Ambani then started Reliance Infocomm Ltd.
- In his school days, the Reliance boss had developed an interest in playing hockey and had lost interest in studies.
- Mukesh Ambani is a pure vegetarian and maintains a low profile. His favourite food is Chapaati-rice-daal.
- Reports inform that he owns a customised car-bus/vanity van worth around Rs 25 crores.
- Mukesh Ambani is a movie buff and used to watch at least three movies in a week.
- Ambani is the owner of the world’s most expensive residential property- Antilia located in South Mumbai. The value of the property is estimated at around $1 billion. Antilia is a 27 storey building which has five helipads, where over 600 employees work.
- Ambani's annual income is said to be 15 cores and it has remained constant for the past nine years.
- Business tycoons Adi Godrej and Anand Mahindra were Mukesh Ambani's school mates and are also his best friends.
- During his career as a businessman, Ambani was also the board of directors of Bank of America, International Advisory Board of the Council on Foreign Relations and also served as Chairman of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB).
As per reports, Reliance business was divided between two Ambani brothers. While Mukesh Ambani took care of Reliance Industries and Indian Petrochemical Corporation, his younger brother Anil Ambani took charge of Reliance Telecomm.