‘I Hope He Joins’, Lamine Yamal Welcomes Potential Barcelona Transfer for Argentina and Atletico Madrid Star Julian Alvarez (Watch Video)

This marks the second time in recent weeks that Yamal has used a media appearance to advocate for the 26-year-old forward's arrival at the Camp Nou.

Lamine Yamal Publicly Backs Barcelona Move for Atlético Madrid's Julián Álvarez (Photo X@ mundodeportivo)

Barcelona winger Lamine Yamal has openly welcomed the prospect of Atlético Madrid and Argentina forward Julian Alvarez joining the Catalan club. Speaking to Mundo Deportivo, the 18-year-old Spain international praised Álvarez's qualities, stating that the Barcelona dressing room is ready to receive him if a transfer materialises this summer.   ‘Egypt Were Robbed’, New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani Takes Viral Dig at Argentina’s Controversial FIFA World Cup 2026 Win (Watch Video).

 Lamine Yamal Welcomes Julian Alvarez

The public backing from one of Barcelona's key players adds a fresh element to an increasingly tense transfer saga.'Everyone knows he's a top player, the kind everyone wants to play with,' Yamal said. 'I've said it before: we're welcoming him with open arms, and if he comes, we'll all be very happy. I think he's a player who fits in really well with Barça's style. I've no idea what the situation is, but I hope it works ou't.

Continued Recruitment Effort

This marks the second time in recent weeks that Yamal has used a media appearance to advocate for the 26-year-old forward's arrival at the Camp Nou. In an earlier interview during international tournament commitments, Yamal went as far as offering a direct pitch to the Argentine World Cup winner.

"If I were him, I'd do it," Yamal previously remarked. "He is coming to the best club in the world, the best fans in the world, and the best city in the world, in my opinion. If he wants to come, we are waiting for him." FIFA World Cup 2026 Schedule Today (July 10): Timings in IST, Venues, Groups.

Escalating Tensions Between Clubs

The pursuit of Álvarez has created significant friction between Barcelona and Atlético Madrid. In late May, Atlético officials publicly accused Barcelona of running an unsettling media campaign, labelling the reports linking their star forward to the Catalan giants as 'fake news'.

Atlético Madrid management went so far as to file an official complaint to FIFA regarding Barcelona’s approach, alongside social media posts mocking the transfer rumours. Despite the defensive stance in Madrid, Álvarez himself has acknowledged the speculation, admitting that a change of scenery might be 'best for everyone' after speaking to club representatives. Marcus Rashford Poised for Manchester United Return Under Carrick Following Barcelona Stint: Report.

Barcelona sporting director Deco has long identified Álvarez as a priority target due to his work rate, tactical flexibility, and clinical edge. New Barcelona manager Hansi Flick is reportedly keen to reinforce his attacking options ahead of the upcoming campaign, and the versatility of Álvarez is viewed as an ideal fit for the system.

Finances remain the primary hurdle to any potential deal. Atlético Madrid are highly reluctant to sell their prized asset to a direct domestic rival, pointing to a substantial release clause, while Real Madrid have also seen a lucrative €150 million approach turned down earlier in the window.

Rating:5

TruLY Score 5 – Trustworthy | On a Trust Scale of 0-5 this article has scored 5 on LatestLY. It is verified through official sources (mundodeportivo). The information is thoroughly cross-checked and confirmed. You can confidently share this article with your friends and family, knowing it is trustworthy and reliable.

(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jul 09, 2026 01:43 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).

Share Now

Share Now