US To Launch Nuclear Attack on Iran? Marjorie Taylor Greene Claims Trump Admin Discussing It
Former Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said Sunday that the possible use of nuclear weapons against Iran is being discussed in US strategy meetings, though she did not provide evidence to support the claim.
Former Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said Sunday that the possible use of nuclear weapons against Iran is being discussed in US strategy meetings, though she did not provide evidence to support the claim.
What Marjorie Taylor Greene Claims
In a post on X, Greene wrote, "It's real. I'm not speculating, I know. And it's pure evil." She accused the Trump administration of ignoring US intelligence assessments about Iran's nuclear program and instead following warnings from Israel.
Greene wrote, "Trump promised no more foreign wars, but may actually be the one who delivers a nuclear holocaust that would likely drag the entire world into major conflict, economic depression, and mass human suffering we've never seen in our lifetimes and maybe throughout history." Donald Trump Orders ‘Substantial’ Cutback of US-South Korea Military Drills Over Iran Snub, Kim Jong Un Ties.
Marjorie Taylor Greene Alleges Trump Admin Weighing Nuclear Strike On Iran
They are discussing using nuclear weapons on Iran in strategy meetings.
Yes you read that correctly. It’s real. I’m not speculating, I know.
And it’s pure evil.
The last time a nuclear weapon was used was August 6th and 9th of 1945 on two cities in Japan, Hiroshima and…
— Former Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 (@FmrRepMTG) August 16, 2026
She added, "People need to speak out and boldly stop this insanity. America is not untouchable. If and when that happens, everyone, and I do mean everyone, will hold ALL of those in leadership right now fully responsible for the rest of human history. Do not use nuclear weapons and stop this war NOW."
Greene did not identify the officials allegedly involved in the discussions, nor did she provide documents or other evidence to back her claim. Is Iran Rebuilding Its Nuclear Facilities? New Satellite Images Raise Fresh Questions.
Viral Claim About Iran's Nuclear Plans
Greene's comments come after a separate false claim about Iran's nuclear ambitions spread online earlier this month. An anonymous X account claimed that Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi, a senior Iranian commander, had said Iran would keep pursuing nuclear weapons as long as Israel and the US possessed them.
The claim was repeated by Israeli accounts and later referenced by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US Ambassador to the UN Mike Waltz. However, there was no evidence that Vahidi actually made the statement, and it was later described as unverified and inaccurate by Esmail Baghaei, spokesman for Iran's foreign ministry.
Iran Offers USD 30,000 Reward For Capturing US Soldiers
The nuclear claims emerged as tensions between Washington and Tehran continue to escalate. Iranian Army chief Amir Hatami said Sunday that anyone who kills or captures a US soldier and hands them over to Iranian authorities would receive a reward equivalent to USD 30,000, with the amount doubled for Iranian women who carry out such an act.
Hatami also repeated Iran's call for the US to leave the Middle East, stating that American forces "no longer have permission to enter the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman or the Strait of Hormuz." There is no known large-scale deployment of US ground troops inside Iran.
US-Iran Tensions Remain High
Tensions over the Strait of Hormuz and Iran's nuclear program remain elevated. The two sides have traded attacks and threats since the conflict began on February 28, while diplomatic efforts have failed to produce a lasting agreement. Iran has demanded compensation and other concessions as part of any deal involving the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Aug 17, 2026 08:03 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).