India News | COVID-19: 491 Cases, 13 Deaths, 401 Discharged in Nashik

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. The count of COVID-19 cases in Nashik district of Maharashtra rose to 88,861 with an addition of 491 cases on Saturday, while 13 deaths took the toll to 1,591, an official said.

Nashik, Oct 17 (PTI) The count of COVID-19 cases in Nashik district of Maharashtra rose to 88,861 with an addition of 491 cases on Saturday, while 13 deaths took the toll to 1,591, an official said.

A total of 80,123 persons have been discharged so far, including 401 on Saturday, he added.

Also Read | Gujarat Horror: 12-Year-Old Differently-Abled Girl Raped, Killed in Deesa Town; Cousin Detained.

"Of the 13 deaths, three are from Nashik city limits. So far, 163 people have died due to the infection in Malegaon, 836 in NMC limits and 556 in other parts of the district," the official said.

The caseload comprises 59,083 from Nashik city, 25,086 from other parts of the district, 4,030 from Malegaon and 662 from outside the district.

Also Read | Navratri 2020: Nine Ways to Celebrate Navratri Amid COVID-19 Pandemic.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now