Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh) [India], Feb 27 (ANI): Suspension of mobile internet services on Thursday was extended till February 28 in Aligarh district following recent clashes between police and anti-Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) protestors.Earlier in a day, District Magistrate (DM) of Aligarh, Chandra Bhushan Singh ordered to shut down the internet in the entire area (rural and urban) of Aligarh district.On Sunday, people protesting against the CAA pelted stones at the police following which security personnel fired tear gas shells, the DM had said."Protestors pelted stones at police vehicles so the police had to resort to teargas to disperse them," Singh had told ANI here.PV Ramasastry, ADG Law and Order had said that the stone-pelting started after a rumour that the police were arresting protesters.Following the clash between police and protestors, internet services were suspended in the city. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)