Sports News | Top-ranked Jannik Sinner Pulls out of Paris Masters Citing ''a Virus''

Get latest articles and stories on Sports at LatestLY. Top-seeded Jannik Sinner has pulled out of the Paris Masters, citing a virus.

Paris, Oct 29 (AP) Top-seeded Jannik Sinner has pulled out of the Paris Masters, citing a virus.

The Italian player, who is guaranteed to finish the year as No. 1, said in a message relayed by organizers that he is unable to play this week.

Also Read | Al-Nassr vs Al-Taawoun, King Cup of Champions 2024-25 Live Streaming Online in India: How To Watch Saudi Arabian Cup Football Match Live Telecast on TV & Football Score Updates in IST?.

“I came very early here to prepare then I fell sick, I'm having a virus at the moment, which is going to pass the next two-three days, so body-wise I'm not ready to compete,” Sinner said.

Sinner is the second high-profile player to pull out of the final Masters 1000 event of the year following seven-time champion Novak Djokovic.

Also Read | England Test Squad for New Zealand Tour Announced: Jacob Bethell Earns Maiden Call-Up.

Sinner earlier this month beat Djokovic in straight sets to win the Shanghai Masters, giving the Italian his tour-leading seventh title of the season.

Sinner became the first man to win more than six titles in a season since Andy Murray won nine in 2016.

Sinner's victory came after he lost the final of the China Open in Beijing to Carlos Alcaraz and amid an ongoing doping case. (AP)

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now