The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has started the application process for the recruitment of Specialist Officer (SO) posts. The online registration process which has begun from today, November 6, will continue till November 26, 2019. Candidates who will apply at the available positions are going to appear in the IBPS SO preliminary 2019-20 exam, which is scheduled to be held in December, 2019. The eligibility criteria vary according to the available IBS SO posts. Candidates can check the IBPS SO 2020 applications online at the official website; ibps.in. The total number of vacancies announced for the SO posts is 1,163. Find out the post-wise job vacancies break-up, important dates, exam paper pattern, and how to apply online, below in this article. IBPS RRB VIII Officer Scale Results 2019 Declared: Scores Out; Here Are Steps to Download the Scorecard.
IBPS SO 2020 Job Vacancies:
IBPS has announced 1,163 vacancies for the reputed SO positions. For IT officer scale, the number of openings is 76, agricultural field officer (scale I) has 670 jobs, 27 for rajbhasha adhikari (scale I), 60 for law officer (scale I), 20 for HR/ personnel officer (scale I) and 310 vacancies for marketing officer (scale I).
IBPS SO 2020 Important Dates:
- Online application for IBPS SO prelims: November 6 to November 26, 2019
- IBPS SO admit card for prelims: December 2019
- IBPS SO prelims exam: December 28, 29, 2019
- IBPS SO prelims result: January 2020
- IBPS SO admit card for mains: January 25, 2020
- IBPS SO main result: February 2020
- IBPS SO admit card for interview: February 2020
- Provisional allotment: April 2020
IBPS SO Eligibility:
The eligibility criteria for IBPS SO recruitment differs according to the vacancies. The candidates are advised to go through the detailed notification before applying online. However, it should be noted that aspirants should be at least 20 years and not more than 30 years.
IBPS SO 2020 Prelims Exam Pattern:
For IBPS SO prelims exam, candidates will get two hours to finish their paper. A total of 50 questions are dedicated to each section—English language (25 marks), reasoning (50 marks) and general awareness (50 marks) with particular reference to the banking industry. The IBPS SO 2019 preliminary exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi.
How to Apply for IBPS SO 2020 Exam?
- Visit the official website; ibps.in.
- Click on the notification for online application.
- Fill in your details as asked and submit the application.
- Download the application form and take a print out of the same for future reference.
The participating banks for IBPS SO recruitment 2020 are Allahabad Bank, Canara Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Syndicate Bank, Andhra Bank, Central Bank of India, Oriental Bank of Commerce, UCO Bank, Bank of Baroda Corporation Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, Bank of India Indian Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, United Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra.