The National Testing Agency (NTA) has last month released the answer key for the coveted National Eligibility cum Entrance Examinations (NEET). Now it is time for the conducting body to release the NEET Undergraduate/ NEET UG result 2019, which is expected to be released anytime on June 5. More than 14 lakh candidates who reportedly have appeared in the entrance exam this year, are waiting for the NEET UG result 2019. NTA will declare and publish the NEET UG 2019 result scores and NEET UG All India Rank Merit List online at the official website; ntaneet.nic.in. Below, in this article, find all the important details for NTA NEET UG result 2019.
NTA conducted the NEET UG examinations, on May 5 in the afternoon session at various test centres across the nation. If we go by reports, in 2019, a total of 15,19,375 candidates have registered for NTA NEET 2019 exams, out of which, 14,10,754 have appeared. Along with the result, NTA will also release the NEET UG 2019 All India Merit List and share the same to the Directorate General Health Service, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15 percent All India Quota seats and for supplying the result to states and other counselling authorities.
NEET UG Result 2019: Important Details
- All India Merit List of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of All India Rank in the Merit List of NEET UG 2019.
- After NTA releases the NEET UG All India Rank, admitting authorities will invite applications for next stage, which is counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the officials.
- Admission to MBBS/ BDS courses will be based solely on All India Rank as per merit list of NEET UG 2019.
- 15 per cent seats are reserved for SC category candidates.
- 7.5 per cent seats are reserved for ST category candidates.
- 27 per cent in Central Educational Institutions are reserved for OBC candidates only as per Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in 15 Admissions) Act, 2006.
Qualified NEET UG 2019 candidates would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the State Governments/ Institutes, irrespective of the medium of the examination, subject to other eligibility criteria. Candidates are further advised to download the copy of their online NEET UG results at the earliest once they are declared. The soft copy will remain available on the NTA website for a period of 60 days.