Mumbai, November 6: A level-2 fire broke out in Mumbai's Andheri locality on Tuesday. The blaze erupted at Bamboo Godown, based in Navpada area. Fire tenders were rushed to the spot by the time preliminary reports emerged. No casualties have occurred yet.
The cause of fire will be ascertained by the fire brigade department after dousing off the flames. According to a local, short circuit is the reason behind the blaze. However, it could not be confirmed. Moving Car Near Chakala Metro Station in Andheri Catches Fire, Watch Video.
Visuals of the fire incident shared by news agency ANI:
Mumbai: Level 2 fire breaks out in a bamboo godown at Navpada area of Andheri. Fire tenders at spot. No casualties reported. pic.twitter.com/Q88MZfiv5Q
— ANI (@ANI) November 6, 2018
Earlier in the day, a fire broke out in four shops of Byculla. The incident, fortunately, led to no casualties. The flames were brought under control within a short duration by the firefighters.
In Andheri, a moving car caught fire near the Metro station in Chakhala on October 24. Previously, the nearby Madhu Estate colony had caught fire in some parts on September 11.
Experts have cited the blaze incidents in Mumbai region due to congestion, over population and unplanned construction. Between 2010-2016, the Mumbai fire brigade red-flagged 4,592 entities, including commercial and residential, for violating the fire safety norms.