Thane, June 30: At least four people were injured after a fire broke out in their house near Datta Mandir, New Shivaji Nagar, Kalwa (East) in Maharashtra's Thane district. According to reports, the cause of the fire is said to be a gas leak. The injured have been hospitalised for medical attention. The fire tenders were called to douse off the blaze. Mumbai: Fire Breaks Out at Dadar Police Station Compound, 15-Year-Old Girl Dies.

According to reports, there has been a 10 per cent rise in the total number of fire-related calls to the fire brigade in 2018-2019 compared to the previous fiscal. Many incidents of the blaze were reported this year. The fire officials have checked at least 6,396 building from 2015 to May 2019 and issued notices to 3,113 buildings.

Tweet by ANI:

On June 22, sixteen residents of Wadala highrise, including a 13-days-old infant, suffered from suffocation and were shifted to hospital after a blaze erupted in a 21-storey building. In another incident on May 23, two senior citizens died due to suffocation and 11 others were injured after a fire engulfed in Punjab Mahal building in Bhendi Bazar.

(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jun 30, 2019 12:25 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website