Hot Chocolate is indeed the best drink you can treat yourself with and refresh your mood. However, most of us choose the easy way, that is buying a packet of hot chocolate from the market and directly pour it into a cup of water or milk. An average hot chocolate brand, the main ingredients are refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup. Also, the corn-based sweetener is an 'added sugar' used in processed foods that can lead to heart disease and high blood pressure. Let us show you guys how to have hot chocolate guilt-free. We will also highlight the health benefits of drinking hot cocoa. Winter Is Here! Here Are 5 Creamy and Comforting Foods That Will Help You Beat the Winter Blues.
How to Have Hot Chocolate Guilt-Free?
In order to have hot chocolate guilt-free, some extra efforts need to be taken for preparation. Healthy ingredients should be used while preparing hot chocolate, which will provide health benefits to the body without sacrificing the taste bud. According to a study published in the journal of Neurology in the year 2013, drinking two cups of hot chocolate in a day may help ward off dementia later in life by improving blood flow to the brain. Hot Chocolates can be eaten guilt-free by adding dates, raw cocoa, cinnamon, chia seeds in the preparation.
Dairy-Free & Sugar-Free Recipe of Hot Chocolate
Health Benefits of Drinking Hot Cocoa
1. The cocoa is richer in heart-healthy antioxidant than green tea, therefore a cup of hot chocolate can help protect against heart disease like strokes.
2. The presence of theobromine in cocoa can help suppress the cough.
3. According to a study conducted at Cornell University, the antioxidant concentration in cocoa was two to three times stronger than that of green tea and four to five times stronger than that of black tea. This makes hot chocolate a very healthy drink, as it can help the body fight against free radical cells that cause oxidative stress.
4. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in the year 2005, found that chocolate may excite insulin activity which thereby might reduce the risk of diabetes.
5. Drinking Hot Chocolate can even help in fighting depression.
After going through the health benefits and recipe of hot chocolate, you should definitely try making it at home and enjoy it along with your loved ones. However, it must be noted that not more than one or maximum two cups of hot chocolate should be taken, no matter how healthy you have made them, as it can lead to weight gain. Also, make sure you exercise regularly to burn off the calories obtained from a hot chocolate or any food item.