India News | Bandi Sanjay Demands CBI Probe into Alleged Phone Tapping Under BRS Regime in Telangana

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. "It has been confirmed that judges' phones were tapped, right? Then, does the SIT even have the authority to summon judges and record their statements? Keeping this in mind, I demand that the phone tapping case be handed over to the CBI. If a letter is written to the CBI, they are ready to investigate," Bandi Sanjay told reporters after appearing before the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the case.

Union Minister Bandi Sanjay Kumar (Photo/ANI)

Hyderabad (Telangana) [India], August 8 (ANI): Union Minister Bandi Sanjay Kumar on Friday demanded that the Telangana government hand over the investigation into the alleged phone tapping during the previous BRS regime to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

"It has been confirmed that judges' phones were tapped, right? Then, does the SIT even have the authority to summon judges and record their statements? Keeping this in mind, I demand that the phone tapping case be handed over to the CBI. If a letter is written to the CBI, they are ready to investigate," Bandi Sanjay told reporters after appearing before the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the case.

Also Read | PMUY Beneficiaries To Get INR 300 LPG Subsidy for up to 9 Refills in FY 2025-26 As Union Cabinet Approves INR 12,000 Crore Financial Aid.

Bandi Sanjay alleged that his own phone was tapped under the pretext of Maoist activity, along with those of Chief Minister Revanth Reddy and several BRS MLAs during the KCR-led government.

"I appeared for questioning today as per the notice given by the SIT officials. It has come to light that my phones were being tapped every moment. I was even shocked to discover several things. They tapped the phones using the pretext of Maoists. Along with me, the phones of Revanth Reddy and BRS MLAs were also tapped. In fact, I was the first person to expose the issue of phone tapping," he said.

Also Read | SCO Summit 2025: China Welcomes PM Narendra Modi for Tianjin Meet, Says 'Upcoming Summit Will Be Gathering of Solidarity and Friendship'.

"I was shocked to hear the revelations made by the SIT police during the inquiry. Whatever political programs I planned, the police already knew about them in advance. They used to call our staff and ask, 'You are planning this particular program, right?' Now I understand--it was all because of the phone tapping. That's why, during KCR's regime, everyone used only WhatsApp calls. Even beggars wouldn't use regular phone calls--this shows the extent of atrocities under the BRS rule," the Karimnagar MP said.

He added that he has handed over all related information and evidence to the SIT.

The phone tapping issue had earlier triggered a political row in June this year, when BRS Working President KT Rama Rao (KTR) issued a legal notice to Telangana Congress chief Mahesh Kumar Goud over allegations.

As per the release, KTR stated that the Congress government, which has failed to implement any of its guarantees since coming to power, is now indulging in theatrics using fabricated issues like phone tapping. "Making such disgraceful and unfounded accusations against him and other BRS leaders, without a shred of evidence, is highly condemnable," he said.

KTR demanded that Mahesh Kumar Goud immediately issue an unconditional public apology. He emphasised that as a law-abiding citizen, he has even cooperated with inquiries into politically motivated cases filed against him. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now