Chandigarh, May 24 (PTI) Five more people tested positive for coronavirus in Chandigarh on Sunday, taking the number of infected to 238 in the union territory.
All the fresh cases were reported from Bapu Dham colony, the worst affected area in the city, according to a health bulletin.
Seven coronavirus patients, including a six-month-old girl and a seven-year-old boy, were discharged from hospital after they recovered.
With this, a total of 186 coronavirus patients in the city have recovered from the virus so far, the bulletin said.
A total of 3,904 samples have been tested so far and of them, 3,514 samples are negative while the reports of 151 samples awaited, it said.
On Sunday, the number of active cases stood at 49 and fatalities at three.
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)













Quickly


