India News | No Case of Theft of Wheat and Rice in Goa Government Godowns: Minister Tells House
Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Two months after five persons were arrested for allegedly stealing wheat and rice from the Goa government's godowns, Civil Supplies Minister Ravi Naik on Tuesday told the Assembly that no complaint of pilferage had been received.
Panaji, Jan 17 (PTI) Two months after five persons were arrested for allegedly stealing wheat and rice from the Goa government's godowns, Civil Supplies Minister Ravi Naik on Tuesday told the Assembly that no complaint of pilferage had been received.
The crime branch had arrested five persons for allegedly smuggling rice and wheat bags pilfered from the godowns run by the Civil Supplies (CS) Department last November.
Responding to a question tabled by MLAs Vijai Sardesai (Goa Forward Party), Carlos Ferreira (Congress) and Cruz Silva (AAP), Naik said the CS department didn't initiate any inquiry as no complaint was received about the matter (alleged pilferage).
The three MLAs sought to know whether the department has conducted any inquiry into the smuggling of wheat and rice meant for holders of ration cards.
Also Read | Uttar Pradesh: Minor Boy Killed by Unidentified Person in Prayagraj, Body Found With Throat Slit.
The minister said all the godowns run by the CS department need urgent repairs and renovation.
"Certain additions like a proper office space need to be created at these godowns. Roofs of all godowns need repairs while the additional one is required in Dharbandora taluka," he added.
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)