India News | No COVID-19 Death Reported in Karnataka
Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Karnataka on Sunday achieved a significant milestone in its fight against COVID-19 when it recorded zero fatalities in the state.
Bengaluru, Mar 13 (PTI) Karnataka on Sunday achieved a significant milestone in its fight against COVID-19 when it recorded zero fatalities in the state.
This is the first time in several months since the pandemic outbreak that the state has recorded zero virus-related deaths, an official said on condition of anonymity.
Also Read | Austrian Parliamentarians Visit Taj Mahal, Scheduled to Visit Indian Parliament Tomorrow.
The state recorded 181 fresh infections taking the total COVID-19 cases to 39,43,506, the health department said.
In its daily COVID-19 bulletin, the department said 130 people were discharged, taking the total number of recoveries to 39,01,093. Active cases stood at 2,656.
Bengaluru Urban district reported 112 infections and three deaths. Other districts too had fresh cases, including 21 in Chitradurga, seven in Mysuru and four in Tumakuru.
There were zero infections in 14 districts.
The positivity rate for the day was 0.44 per cent and the case fatality rate was zero per cent.
As many as 36,623 tests were conducted, including 30,067 RT-PCR tests, taking the total tests in the state so far to 6.51 crore.
There were 10,320 inoculations done on the day taking the total vaccinations so far to 10.20 crore, the health department said.
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)