India News | Priyanka Gandhi to Vacate Govt Accommodation by August 1
Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday said she would be vacating her government accommodation in Lodhi Estate here by August 1, terming as "fake news" reports that she had sought more time to do so.
New Delhi, Jul 14 (PTI) Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday said she would be vacating her government accommodation in Lodhi Estate here by August 1, terming as "fake news" reports that she had sought more time to do so.
The government had on July 1 issued an eviction notice to the Congress leader, asking her to vacate the 35, Lodhi Estate bungalow before August 1.
Taking to Twitter, she termed as "Fake news", reports that she has requested the government to grant her extension and that she has been granted one.
"This is FAKE NEWS. I have not made any such request to the government. As per the eviction letter handed to me on the 1st of July, I will be vacating the government accommodation at 35 Lodhi Estate by the 1st of August," she said in a tweet.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development had last week served a notice on her to vacate the said premises before August 1 as she no longer comes under SPG security cover.
"Consequent to withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover by MHA, which does not provide for allotment or retention of government accommodation on security grounds to you, the allotment of type 6B house No. 35 Lodhi Estate is hereby cancelled wef July 1. One month concession period on same rent till August 1 is allowed as per rules," the Housing Ministry notice had said. PTI SKC DV DV 07141033 NNNN Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane, who completed 200 matches in charge. Zidane has the second-most league victories as Madrid coach with 90, behind the 257 of Miguel Muñoz.
Madrid players walked a few hundred meters (yards) from the team's housing facilities to the stadium for the match that marked the club's return after a pause of more than three months because of the pandemic.
A large banner in the stands spanned from one goal line to the other with the image of a black ribbon and the message "in our hearts," honoring the nearly 28,000 who have died with COVID-19 in Spain. The league officially resumed on Thursday with third-place Sevilla defeating city rival Real Betis 2-0.
The victory kept Madrid two points behind Barcelona, which returned on Saturday with a 4-0 rout at Mallorca. Eibar and Mallorca are both fighting relegation.
Madrid dominated from the start and Kroos opened the scoring with a shot into the top corner in the fourth minute. Ramos added to the lead from close range in the 30th after a pass by Hazard, who started the buildup for Marcelo's strike from inside the area in the 37th.
Eibar, sitting two points outside the relegation zone, got its only goal from Pedro Bigas in the 60th.
Ramos had scored the first goal at the Alfredo Di Stéfano when it was inaugurated with an exhibition match in 2006.
"The truth is we are all thrilled to be back on the field again," Ramos said.
"We couldn't wait for the league to start again, to compete again, and the best way to do that is with a win."
Madrid is expected to play all of its remaining home matches at the Alfredo Di Stéfano because the Bernabéu will continue to undergo renovation work during the summer.
The club is likely to remain at the stadium for the rest of the season even if fans are allowed back before then, which the league has said is a possibility.
ATLÉTICO HELD
Atlético Madrid's struggles continued as its season resumed after being held 1-1 at Athletic Bilbao for its third straight league draw.
The setback kept Diego Simeone's team in sixth place, outside the Champions League spots.
The goals at the empty San Mamés Stadium came a couple of minutes apart late in the first half, with Athletic's Iker Muniain scoring in the 37th and Atlético equalizing with Diego Costa in the 39th for his first goal since last October.
During the celebration, Costa held the jersey of Atlético women's team player Virginia Torrecilla, who is recovering from brain surgery to remove a tumor.
It was the 13th league draw for Atlético, which has only two wins in its last nine league matches.
"We earned a draw at a tough place but we need to start winning three points if we want to stay in contention to qualify for the Champions League," Atlético midfielder Jorge "Koke" Resurrección said.
"It will be difficult if we don't start winning matches."
Atlético's last match before the break had been an away victory against Liverpool that eliminated the titleholders in the Champions League round of 16. But Atlético had drawn its last two league matches — against Sevilla and Espanyol — to drop in the standings and remain far from the leaders. It trails Barcelona by 15 points with 10 rounds left.
Atlético has the same 46 points as fifth-place Getafe and is a point behind fourth-place Real Sociedad, which drew 1-1 with Osasuna at home on Sunday.
Athletic, which had won two in a row before the break, stayed in 10th place. AP
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)