Kuwait City (Kuwait), October 16 (ANI/Xinhua): Kuwait launched on Saturday a cleanup campaign in Hawalli Governorate to help protect the environment and recycle the waste.
Organized by Trash Hero, an environmental organisation, the campaign is in cooperation with UN office in Kuwait.
Also Read | Tropical Storm Kompasu Kills 22 in Philippines So Far, 16 Missing.
Yasmin Al-Qallaf, a member of Trash Hero, told Xinhua that the organization established its branch in Kuwait in 2020.
She added that it is the first branch in the Middle East aiming to launch sustainable, community-based projects that remove existing waste and reduce future waste by inspiring long-term behavior change.
Also Read | US: Four People Injured in Shooting Outside Stadium in Alabama.
Tareq Al-Sheikh, UN Secretary General Representative and Resident Coordinator to Kuwait, praised the participation of young volunteers in the cleanup campaign.
"We seek to confront climate change through recycling the waste. We launch the campaign to contribute to a clean and beautiful Kuwait," he said. (ANI/Xinhua)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)













Quickly


