World News | Pak: Security Personnel Killed in Fire Exchange with Terrorists in North Waziristan

Get latest articles and stories on World at LatestLY. A security forces personnel was killed in a fire exchange with terrorists in the North Waziristan district of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Geo News reported.

Streaks of Light Seen in California. (Photo Credits: Video Grab)

Islamabad [Pakistan], September 24 (ANI): A security forces personnel was killed in a fire exchange with terrorists in the North Waziristan district of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Geo News reported.

The exchange of fire took place during an Intelligence-Based Operations (IBO) in the general area of Mir Ali in North Waziristan, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said. 

Also Read | US: Ancient Buddha Statue Worth Rs 12.5 Crore Stolen From Los Angeles Art Gallery, Heist Caught on CCTV.

A statement issued by the military's media wing said, "During the conduct of the operation, intense fire exchange took place between own troops and terrorists. Own troops effectively engaged terrorists’ location."

ISPR further said that the sanitisation of the area is being carried out to eliminate any other terrorists found in the area, according to Geo News. 

Also Read | India-Canada Tension: After Khalistani Terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar's Killing, FBI Warned Sikhs in US About Death Threats.

The security personnel was identified as 21-year-old Sepoy Shakeel Shafqat.  

"Security forces of Pakistan are determined to eliminate the menace of terrorism and such sacrifices of our brave soldiers further strengthen our resolve," the ISPR added.

Earlier in August, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Munir said that 

Last month, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Munir said that Pakistan was acting as a bulwark against terrorism. Moreover, the COAS also talked about regional security issues.

Pakistan security forces killed the former group commander of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Swat in an Intelligence-Based Operation (IBO) in the Swat district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, The Express Tribune reported.

The former TTP Swat commander was infamous for whipping women and was identified as Naik Muhammad alias Niko alias Umar.

Earlier, nine Pakistan soldiers were killed and five others were injured in a suicide attack on a military convoy in Jani Khel general area of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Bannu district, Dawn reported citing the army’s media affairs wing.

According to a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), a “motorcycle-borne suicide bomber exploded himself on a military convoy”.

Since the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan’s (TTP) ceasefire with the government ended last November, Pakistan has seen an increase in terrorist activity, particularly in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan, Dawn reported.

According to a report published in July by the think tank Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies, the country saw an alarming spike in terror and suicide attacks in the first half of this year, which claimed the lives of 389 individuals, Dawn reported. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now