If you are on a lookout for a post-workout meal that both tastes yummy and is extremely helpful for muscle repair, let us share some good news with you. Research suggests that chocolate milk is one of the best post-workout meals that can help you repair your muscles and provide instant energy. The study called, 'Chocolate milk for recovery from exercise: a systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled clinical trials Chocolate milk (CM)' says "Chocolate milk (CM) contains carbohydrates, proteins, and fat, as well as water and electrolytes, which may be ideal for post-exercise recovery."
The study concluded by saying that, "CM provides either similar or superior results when compared to placebo or other recovery drinks." It is even claimed that Mo Farah, United Kingdom's famous distance runner likes to drink chocolate milk after races or intense training sessions.
Here Are a Few Health Benefits of Chocolate Milk That You Must Know Of:
1. It is in fluid form and electrolytes in your body for instant hydration, making it a perfect post-workout drink.
2. Rich in protein, chocolate milk can help repair your muscles.
3. Since chocolate milk is rich in Carbohydrate, this source of carbohydrate helps replenish energy stores and keeps you strengthened for your next intense training session.
4. While chocolate in the milk helps your body boost the carbohydrate supplied to your muscles, it also helps your body boost carbohydrate supply to your liver.
5. Milk is rich in calcium and vitamin D, drinking milk as a recovery fuel will also help strengthen your bones.
6. Less expensive option amongst all other post-workout drinks.
According to the study conducted, the reports suggested that the athletes who drank chocolate milk were able to workout for one minute longer. In comparison to others given the placebo, they didn't reach exhaustion in one minute. And in comparison to people who drank other sports drink the one who drank chocolate milk didn't reach exhaustion by six minutes. Chocolate milk also helped them exert themselves less.