The day officially dedicated to the girls has finally arrived. It is the International Day of the girl Child that is observed on the 11th of October, every year. While we have spoken enough about the way girls have been subject to assault, lack of education, gender bias and various other issues that they face every day, let us today talk about things that women are better at than most men around. International Day of The Girl Child 2018: Origin, Theme and Importance of The Day Dedicated to Girls Across The Globe. Multiple studies prove that there are numerous things that the women are better at. Take a look at a few such scientifically-proven abilities of women.
- Women live longer- Not bragging at all, but women do tend to live longer than men. A study believes that the gender gap in life expectancy (LE) is remarkable and that women live on the average 4-7 years longer. However, the main contributing factor is said to be a higher cardiovascular disease (CVD) morbidity and mortality in men.
- Women have a better sense of smell- Did you know that Males and females significantly differ in the evaluation of different types of smell? Good news, women outperform men on many kinds of smell tests, and studies have claimed that women have a better sense of smell than men.
- Women have a better sense of colours- A study has proven that women have a better understanding of colours than men. The results of the study showed that overall, females gave more correct responses related to colour perception and also took less time than males.
- Neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's- You may not, but women are less prone to suffer from Neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's than men, thanks to the estrogen. This is because estrogen helps protect the nerves.
- Women have better memory power- Women remember things better than men. Again thanks to the hormone estrogen because it has a positive effect on women's cognitive functions.
- Less prone to a few types of cancers- A few studies suggest that women are less likely to a few types of cancer like the head and neck cancers, skin cancer and pancreatic cancer.
There you go there are a few out of many other reasons why it is great to be a girl. Let's cherish happier things in life. What say? Let us know your views on this!