Pakistan Writes to UN Chief: Denies Role in Pulwama Attack, Says India Threatening Us With Force
File image of Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi | (Photo Credit: Twitter@pid_gov)

Islamabad, February 19: Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi wrote to the United Nations on Tuesday, appealing the international community to monitor the developments at the Indo-Pak border. In his letter addressed to UN secretary general Antonio Guterres, Qureshi said India is threatening Pakistan with violence on pretext of the militant attack in Pulwama.

"It is with a sense of urgency that I draw your attention to the deteriorating security situation in our region resulting from the threat of use of force against Pakistan by India," he said. Kamal Haasan Stokes Row Over Pulwama Attack: 'Why India Not Holding Plebiscite in Kashmir?'

Qureshi's letter comes a day after reports said that the Pakistan Army has been put on "high operational alert" fearing retaliation from the Indian side.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while reacting to the terror attack in Pulwama which claimed the lives of 40 CRPF personnel, had assured that nation that "each drop of blood of the martyrs" would be avenged. He warned Pakistan of being brought to book for "supporting terrorism against India".

Although Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), a proscribed organisation operating from Pakistan, has claimed responsibility for the attack, Islamabad has maintained that it had no role whatsoever. Time For Peace Talks With Pakistan Over, Says Capt Amarinder Singh.

"The Pulwama attack on Indian CRPF was ostensibly and even by Indian accounts carried out by a Kashmiri resident of Indian Occupied Kashmir. Attributing it to Pakistan even before investigations is absurd," he said.

The fidayeen who rammed the car full of explosives into the CRPF convoy was Adil Ahmed Dar, a local Kashmiri youth. He was, however, trained by JeM commander Kamran -- who had masterminded the attack. Another Jaish operative, Abdul Rashid Ghazi, was sent with arms and explosives. Both of them were gunned down in a 19-hour encounter which ended on Monday.