India News | CBI Takes over Investigation into Case of Missing Teenager from Bardhaman

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. The CBI has on the directions of the Calcutta High Court taken over the investigation into alleged kidnapping of a teenaged girl from Bardhaman district in West Bengal on August 9 last year, officials said on Monday.

New Delhi, Feb 19 (PTI) The CBI has on the directions of the Calcutta High Court taken over the investigation into alleged kidnapping of a teenaged girl from Bardhaman district in West Bengal on August 9 last year, officials said on Monday.

The 14-year old girl's parents had alleged that their daughter had left home at 6 PM on August 9, 2023, for her studies but did not return, they said.

Also Read | Sandeshkhali Violence: BJP Announces 72-Hour Protest Demanding Arrest of Sheikh Shahjahan, Says West Bengal Party President Sukanta Mazumdar.

They had registered an FIR at the Anti-human Trafficking Unit of the state CID on August 17 that year.

The Calcutta High Court had handed over the probe to the CBI on February 8 this year, they said.

Also Read | Tamil Nadu To Establish Artificial Intelligence Mission for Leveraging AI Technology in Education, Employment, Industry, Research and Medicine.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now