India News | Fake Photos of Forest Fire Circulated on Social Media: Principal Chief Conservator of Forest, Uttarakhand
Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Principal Chief Conservator of Forest, Uttarakhand on Thursday said that some people are circulating false information and are spreading rumours about the forest fire on social media.
Dehradun (Uttarakhand) [India], May 28 (ANI): Principal Chief Conservator of Forest, Uttarakhand on Thursday said that some people are circulating false information and are spreading rumours about the forest fire on social media.
"Some misleading information is being spread on social media. Our website regularly updates information on a forest fire. Photos on social media are showing entire trees on fire. Such forest fires take place in Canada, US and Australia," said Principal Chief Conservator of Forest, Jai Raj while speaking to ANI.
Also Read | Lockdown 5.0 Strategy: Amit Shah Seeks Views of Chief Ministers on COVID-19 Shutdown.
"Such fires do not occur in Uttarakhand. Here the forest fires remain confined to the ground, affecting grass and bushes. In monsoon, everything goes back to normal. So far, the fire has affected 111 hectares, causing loss of Rs 3 lakhs," he added.
Raj further said that they will soon file a complaint against fake news peddlers. (ANI)
Also Read | Heat Wave Relents After Light Showers in Parts of North India; Slight Dip in Temperature in Rajasthan.
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)