India News | Jharkhand HC Vacates Stay on Appointment of Assistant Teachers in State

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday vacated the stay order on the appointment process of assistant teachers in the state, paving the way for appointment of 26,000 candidates across the state.

India | Representational Image

Ranchi, Oct 5 (PTI) The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday vacated the stay order on the appointment process of assistant teachers in the state, paving the way for appointment of 26,000 candidates across the state.

The court of Chief Justice Sanjaya Kumar Mishra and Justice Ananda Sen was hearing a petition filed by one Bahadur Mahto who challenged the appointment process of assistant teachers.

Also Read | India-Canada Tension: Sought Parity in Our Respective Diplomatic Presence, Says MEA on Recalling 41 Diplomats From New Delhi by October 10.

The court ordered the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC) to keep only 100 seats vacant.

Mahto has filed the case challenging the move of the state government which had given reservation benefits to only para teachers.

Also Read | Kolkata Shocker: Hospital in Tegharia Denies Blanket to Dengue Patient After Multiple Requests, Fined Rs 10,000.

He has said that the government has given a reservation of 50 per cent to para teachers for the appointment of assistant teachers while Block Resource Persons and Cluster Resource Persons working in the education department have not been given any benefit of reservation.

He has also contended that the Assistant Teachers Appointment Rules framed by the Commission in 2023 has deprived the employees of the education department appointed on contract and will be deeply prejudiced.

The government had made elaborate plans for the appointment of 26,000 assistant teachers.

As many as 12,888 assistant teachers will be appointed from para teachers while 13,133 posts of assistant teachers will be filled up from the non-para teachers category. Appointments were to be made for assistant teachers for classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8.

The high court while hearing the petition earlier on September 5 had clamped a stay on the appointment process.

The bench while hearing the petition on Thursday was apprised by the counsels of the state government and the commission that the stay order will delay the appointment process and candidates will be deprived of their appointment.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now