Sports News | HS Prannoy Apologises for Lashing out at BAI

Get latest articles and stories on Sports at LatestLY. Indian Tennis player HS Prannoy has submitted an "unconditional apology" to the Badminton Association of India (BAI) after he lashed out at the national federation for not recommending his name for Arjuna Award.

New Delhi [India], June 23 (ANI): Indian Tennis player HS Prannoy has submitted an "unconditional apology" to the Badminton Association of India (BAI) after he lashed out at the national federation for not recommending his name for Arjuna Award.

"In response to the show cause letter, the Indian elite shuttler apologised for the remarks he made about the country, the federation and any other person he may have hurt with his statement in the media and on social media platforms. BAI President Himanta Biswa Sarma has accepted the letter of apology," BAI said in a statement.

Also Read | Lionel Messi Images & HD Wallpapers For Free Download: Happy Birthday Messi Greetings, HD Photos in Barcelona and Argentina Football Jersey and Positive Messages to Share Online.

Earlier this month, Prannoy had hit out at the BAI and had questioned the selection criteria for the Arjuna Award.

The shuttler had said that the players who have won nothing have been recommended, while the players who have medals to their credit have been snubbed.

Also Read | List of Sportspersons Who Have Tested Positive for COVID-19: From Novak Djokovic to Players From Pakistan Cricket Team, Here's All Those Who Contracted Coronavirus.

His remarks came after BAI recommended the doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty and men's singles player Sameer Verma for the Arjuna Award.

"Same old story. Guy who has Medals in CWG and Asian Championships not even recommended by Association. And guy who was not there on any of these major events recommended #waah #thiscountryisajoke," Prannoy had tweeted.

With BAI implementing strict policies of disciplinary actions going forward, Pronnoy, on June 19, was asked to respond in 15 days' time on his misconduct.

BAI General Secretary Ajay Singhania said that BAI is in receipt of the letter from the shuttler.

"It was unfortunate to witness something like this but Prannoy had reached out to us and based on his submission, we hope going forward players will reach out to the federation if they have any concern," Singhania said in a statement. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now