New Delhi [India], November 25 (ANI): Sports Authority of India on Wednesday announced that shooter Divyansh Singh Panwar has tested positive for the coronavirus.

SAI said that he is currently asymptomatic and is being home quarantined. Panwar is ranked number one in men's 10m air rifle and has qualified for the Olympics.

Also Read | RIP Diego Maradona! HD Images, 4K Wallpapers and Photos to Celebrate Argentina Great and Football Icon's Life and Career.

Panwar is part of the national camp which is going on at the Karni Singh Shooting Range in New Delhi.

"The shooters and support staff were on a one week Diwali break and reported to the camp on November 18. All campers were on a 7-day quarantine upon joining the camp, as per the Standard Operating Procedures set up by the Sports Authority of India. Upon all athletes being tested on the 6th day of the quarantine, Panwar tested positive," SAI said in a release.

Also Read | Diego Maradona Best Goals: As Argentine Legend Passes Away, Check Out His Magical Moments on Football Field (Watch Videos).

His condition is being monitored and all requisite support is being extended by SAI and NSF.

Last month, SAI had approved a two-month-long coaching camp for the Olympic core group shooters from October 15 to December 14.

The camp comprises 32 shooters (18 men and 14 women), 8 coaches, 3 foreign coaches and two support staff. All 15 Olympic quota winners are part of the camp, which is taking place at a total cost of Rs 1.43 crore. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)