Madrid, Oct 10 (AP) Spanish authorities said Sunday that the country has started a new evacuation operation to extract more Afghans and their families left behind following the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.
Spain's Defense Ministry confirmed to The Associated Press media reports that it is working with the foreign ministry on a new evacuation mission.
Also Read | Plane Crashes in Russia’s Tatarstan, 16 Killed.
The ministry said it would not give any more details in order to protect the mission, but Spanish news agency EFE reported that the plan was get out some 200 people via Pakistan.
Spanish Foreign Affairs Minister José Albares visited both Pakistan and Qatar last month to ask for their assistance in extracting more Afghan workers who had not been included in the first airlifts from Kabul.
Also Read | Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan, Architect of Pakistan’s Nuclear Programme, Dies at 85.
Spain successfully evacuated some 2,200 people — Spaniards and Afghans — in the frantic days following the takeover of the Taliban in August. (AP)
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)













Quickly


