The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the online registration for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020. The link for NEET 2020 application was activated yesterday, December 2, 2019, on its official website; ntaneet.nic.in. While notifying the same, NTA has also announced that from this year onwards, there will be only one medical entrance exam which is NEET. The separate entrance exams for All India Institute of Management Studies (AIIMS) and Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has been discontinued. Admissions to these reputed institutes will be made through NEET only. Hence, there will be slight changes in the eligibility criteria and exam paper pattern, as the examination will now be based on NEET. List of Documents Required to Fill the NTA NEET 2020 Application Form.
“Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 provides for holding of a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions including those governed under any other law. Thus, the admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like institutions will also be made through NEET,” reads the notification. With new changes, the eligibility and exam paper pattern will only be based on NEET. Let us understand revisions:
NEET 2020 Eligibility Applicable to AIIMS/ JIPMER Admissions As Well
- For NEET, candidates will have to pass class 12 or equivalent exam or at least have appeared in the same. They should have studied subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology with Mathematics or any other additional subject.
- Passing in English will remain at the core level as prescribed by NCERT earlier.
- They must obtain a minimum of 50 percent marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology.
- For NEET, there is an upper age limit of 25 years. The age limit of 17 to 25 years would be calculated as on December 31, 2020.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern, Applicable to AIIMS/ JIPMER Admissions
- NEET continues to be held in pen and paper mode. They will have to mark their answers on the OMR sheet.
- NEET will be held in 11 languages including English, Hindi, Assamese, Gujarati and Bengali.
- NEET UG 2020 exam will consist of one question paper containing 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
The admission to 1,207 seats in all the 15 AIIMS including AIIMS New Delhi and 14 others and the 200 seats in JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal will be conducted based on NEET examinations. While the move to make only one entrance exams from the medical school admission has been initiated for the benefit of the candidates, the competition to secure seats will increase.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Dec 03, 2019 01:40 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).