As you start ageing, the skin may begin to sag as a consequence of a natural loss and weakening of collagen and elastin. However, keeping in mind, a few necessary steps can help you in getting rid of the sagging skin. It could be getting a right SPF suitable for your skin or moisturising correctly or just taking that just extra effort for better skin. Neeleshwari Basak, owner of Worldwide Institute of Grooming and Pageants, and Arpita Das, Managing Director of Beauness By Arpita, list some steps.
- Smart SPF: UV damage speeds up the loss of firmness of the skin, therefore wearing a moisturiser with a broad spectrum sunscreen on a daily basis is the easiest way to help prevent sagging.
- Moisturize smartly: It is highly recommended to apply a moisturiser with vitamins C and E both morning and night to your face and neck. Moisturising is essential to keep the skin firm and smooth as you age. While selecting the right moisturiser, look for ingredients like Aloe Vera, soy protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A. How to Achieve Glowing Skin Using Natural Ingredients? Incorporate These 6 Items in Your Skin Care Routine.
- Need extra effort: To improve the appearance of the skin that is already slightly saggy, you should look for a moisturiser with the right, powerful ingredients. Go for a moisturiser that contains peptides and Niacinamide (or vitamin B3), and it will help strengthen your skin's natural moisture barrier and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Proper massage: A hydrated skin is indeed fuller and massaging the moisturiser into the skin in a circular motion for a few minutes will improve the blood circulation and will give a temporary plumping effect to your skin. Do massage your neck in an upward direction that will prevent any sagging of the skin in that area. Skin Tips For Winter: Home Remedies to Have a Healthy Glowing Skin in Colder Days.
- Do facial exercise: Follow some facial exercises that can prevent sagging. Regularly do the facial exercises after applying the moisturiser because it will prevent your skin from pulling. The first exercise is to smile without moving your cheeks and hold it for a few seconds, then release. Do this ten times.
Another exercise is - smile as broadly as you can and place your fingers on the top of your cheekbones. Push down the cheekbones with your fingers for 10 seconds. Repeat this five times. (Inputs from IANS).