India News | Jharkhand: Naxal Killed in Encounter with Security Forces in Chaibasa

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Michaelraj S, spokesperson of the Jharkhand Police and IG Operations, said, "A hardcore naxal was killed in an encounter with security forces comprising the district police and COBRA battalion in Chaibasa. Weapons, including an SLR rifle, have been recovered. Operation is underway."

Representative Image

West Singhbhum (Jharkhand) [India], September 7 (ANI): A naxal was killed in an encounter with security forces in the Chaibasa area of West Singhbhum district, officials said on Sunday.

The joint operation involved the district police and COBRA battalion, and led to the recovery of weapons, including an SLR rifle.

Also Read | Kolkata Fatafat Result Today, September 7, 2025: Kolkata FF Live Winning Numbers Released, Know When and Where To Check Result Chart of Satta Matka-Type Lottery Game.

Michaelraj S, spokesperson of the Jharkhand Police and IG Operations, said, "A hardcore naxal was killed in an encounter with security forces comprising the district police and COBRA battalion in Chaibasa. Weapons, including an SLR rifle, have been recovered. Operation is underway."

The operation is still underway. More details are awaited.

Also Read | Chhattisgarh Shocker: Class 2 Girl in Surguja Suffers Severe Leg Muscle Damage After Being Forced Into 100 Sit-Ups and Beaten With Stick by Govt School Teacher for Using Toilet; DEO Orders Probe.

On Tuesday, in a major blow to the Jharkhand Jan Mukti Parishad (JJMP) outfit, nine active Naxals, including zonal and sub-zonal commanders, surrendered before security forces in Latehar.

In a post on X, CRPF said, "In a significant setback to the JJMP outfit, 09 active Naxals--including Zonal and Sub-Zonal Commanders and 05 carrying cash rewards--surrendered today before senior officers of CRPF, SSB and Jharkhand Police at the SP Office, Latehar."

Twelve firearms (05 AK rifles, 03 SLRs, 04 self-loading rifles), 26 magazines, and over 1,700 live rounds were recovered from their possession.

Earlier on August 30, security forces recovered a large quantity of arms and ammunition during an anti-Naxal operation in the Abujhmad area of Narayanpur district, an official said.

Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Robinson Guria stated on Friday that a joint operation was carried out on August 24 by the District Reserve Guard (DRG), Special Task Force (STF), and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).

"DRG, STF, and ITBP conducted an anti-Naxal operation on August 24, in which we recovered a huge amount of arms and ammunition. We conducted operations at various places in the Abujhmad area, and we found that the surrendered Naxalites were dumping their weapons. We recovered these weapons from 4-5 places," he said. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now