India News | Maha: 153 Persons Test COVID-19 Positive in Nashik; 7 More Die

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. The count of COVID-19 cases in Nashik district of Maharashtra rose to 1,09,488, after 153 persons tested positive for the infection on Tuesday, a health official said.

Nashik, Dec 29 (PTI) The count of COVID-19 cases in Nashik district of Maharashtra rose to 1,09,488, after 153 persons tested positive for the infection on Tuesday, a health official said.

As many as 235 patients were discharged from various hospitals during the day, while seven died of the infection, the official said.

With this, the number of recoveries in the district has reached 1,05,549 and the toll stood at 1,962, he said.

Of the latest casualties, two were reported from the Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) limits, four from other parts of the district and one from Malegaon, he said.

In case of infections reported so far, Nashik city alone accounts for 71,914 cases, followed by 32,026 from other parts of the district, 4,550 from Malegaon and 998 from outside the district, the official said.

Meanwhile, as many as 4,27,879 tests have been conducted in the district till date, of which 2,869 swabs were tested on Tuesday.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now