Latest News | Key Accused in Fazil Murder Case Hacked to Death in Mangaluru
Get latest articles and stories on Latest News at LatestLY. A rowdy-sheeter and prime accused in the Fazil murder case was allegedly hacked to death with sharp weapons in Mangaluru city on Thursday late evening, police said.
Mangaluru, May 1 (PTI) A rowdy-sheeter and prime accused in the Fazil murder case was allegedly hacked to death with sharp weapons in Mangaluru city on Thursday late evening, police said.
Suhash Shetty was a prime accused in the 2022 sensational murder case of Mohammed Fazil in Surathkal, they said.
According to the police, the murder took place in Kinnipadavu in Bajpe on the outskirts of Mangaluru city at around 8.30 pm. Shetty was travelling in a vehicle with his group of associates when he was allegedly intercepted by five-six assailants who came in a car and a pickup vehicle.
The assailants attacked Shetty with lethal weapons, causing grievous injuries. He was immediately rushed to AJ Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Shetty, who was previously associated with the Bajrang Dal, had a history of criminal involvement, including five cases of murder and robbery registered against him in Mangaluru, Belthangady taluks.
He had come out of jail just a few days back after serving jail term for several crimes he was involved in, police said.
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)