Karachi, May 18 (PTI) Two prime suspects in deadly twin blasts in Karachi last week were killed in an encounter in Pakistan's southern port city, an official said on Wednesday.

A senior official of the Sindh Counter-Terrorism Department said the agency carried out an operation in Mauripur during which the two terrorists were killed.

Also Read | EAM S Jaishankar to Take Part in BRICS Foreign Ministers Meeting on Thursday.

"Ali Dino and Nawab were prime suspects in the recent bomb blast incidents in Saddar and Boltan markets in Karachi," the official said.

The twin blasts in crowded Saddar and Boltan markets were carried out through remote devices. No group had claimed responsibility for the blasts.

Also Read | Pakistan Engages in Talks with IMF over Economic Crunch in Doha.

"One of the suspects in the Boltan market blast has been identified and we are carrying out raids to arrest him," the official said.

He said that Dino and Nawab apparently belonged to some unknown nationalist/separatist outfit in interior Sindh.

One person was killed and 13 others injured in the Saddar blast while one woman died and 16 others injured in the explosion in the Boltan market.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)