World News | Israeli Envoy Pays Tribute 26/11 Mumbai Attack Victims at Chabad House

Get latest articles and stories on World at LatestLY. In 2008, 10 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists (LeT) carried out 12 coordinated shooting and bombing attacks killing at least 166 people and leaving 300 wounded.

Israeli envoy pays tribute 26/11 Mumbai attack victims at Chabad house (Photo Credit: Naor Gilon Twitter)

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], November 26 (ANI): Israeli envoy to India Naor Gilon on Saturday visited Chabad house in Mumbai and joined people in paying tribute to all victims of the 26/11 terror attack.

"Today, I join the people of India in paying my heartfelt tribute to all victims of the terrible Mumbai Terror Attack of 26/11. Visiting the #Chabad house and hearing all about the tragedy was an emotional moment. & stand united in grief but also in fighting terrorism," ambassador Gilon tweeted.

Also Read | Measles Outbreak: Patient Infected With Viral Infection Can Infect 18 Others, Says WHO.

In 2008, 10 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists (LeT) carried out 12 coordinated shooting and bombing attacks killing at least 166 people and leaving 300 wounded. Nariman House, a Chabad Lubavitch Jewish centre in Mumbai known as the Chabad House, was taken over by two attackers and several residents were held hostage.

Earlier today, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said terrorism threatens humanity, as he remembered the victims of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. He also said those who planned and oversaw this attack must be brought to justice.

Also Read | New Zealand: Newly-Wed Indian Man Stabbed to Death by Robbers; PM Jacinda Ardern Apologises to Family of Deceased; 2 Accused Held.

"Terrorism threatens humanity. Today, on 26/11, the world joins India in remembering its victims. Those who planned and oversaw this attack must be brought to justice. We owe this to every victim of terrorism around the world," Jaishankar tweeted.

Last month, India hosted the two-day anti-terrorism meeting of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), under India's chair of the Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC).

After the CTC last month meeting, a Delhi Declaration was issued which underlined that terrorists' opportunity to access safe havens continues to be a significant concern and that all Member States must cooperate fully in the fight against terrorism.

The Declaration also recognized that terrorism in all forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security.

During UNSC's special meeting, Jaishankar highlighted that the global threat of terrorism is growing and expanding despite the UNSC's best efforts to combat the "gravest threat to humanity".

"Terrorism remains the gravest threat to humanity. The UN Security Council in the past two decades has evolved an important architecture built, primarily around the counter-terrorism sanctions regime to combat this menace. This has effectively put the countries on notice that had turned terrorism into a state-funded enterprise," he said. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now