Born on December 6, 1994, Shreyas Iyer is slowing emerging as the reliable name for the Indian cricket team. Over a period of time, the seniors in the team are looking at him as an ideal fit for the number four position. All thanks to his explosive batting not only in the domestic matches but also international circuit. Back in 2014, Shreyas Iyer represented Trent Bridge Cricket Team during a trip of the UK and scored 297 runs at an average of 99 with the highest score of 171. With this, he scripted a new team record. On his birthday, let’s have a look at five unknown things about Mumbai batsman. Delhi Capital Shares Workout Video of Their Players Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant Ahead of RR vs DC Match IPL 2019.
- Shreyas Iyer was born on December 6, 1994, to Santosh and Rohini Iyer.
- At the age of 12, it was Pravin Amre who spotted his talent.
- Shreya’s teammates would often compare him with Virender Sehwag.
- In his debut Ranji Season, Shreyas scored a total of 809 Runs at an average of 50.56.
- Iyer also has a short film ‘Shreyas Iyer Documentary – A Father’s Dream’ which narrates his cricketing journey. The documentary was directed by cricket writer Aayush Puthran.
- He pursued his graduation from Podar College in Mumbai.
- In February 2019, during 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy tournament, Iyer made the highest total by an Indian batsman in a T20 match, when he scored 147 runs.
On this special day, the entire team of LatestLY.com wishes the explosive batsman a very Happy Birthday. May he continue to shine and make India proud by scoring a plethora of runs. Happy Birthday, Shreyas!