India News | Delhi: Another Accused in Jahangirpuri Violence Case Arrested
Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. One more was arrested in Jahangirpuri violence by Delhi police on Monday. The accused has been identified as Salman alias Suleman, Delhi police officials said.
New Delhi [India], February 13 (ANI): Delhi police on Monday arrested a man in connection to last year's riots that broke out in Delhi's Jahangirpuri area.
"The arrested accused has been identified as Salman alias Suleman", officials said.
Also Read | How To Get Personal Loan Without Security.
According to the Delhi police, the arrested accused, Saman, was wanted in connection to the Jahangirpuri riots that happened last year.
He was absconding since then, and a reward of Rs 25,000 was also announced in his name, officials said.
Also Read | Mumbai Shocker: Pregnant Woman Strangled to Death in Dharavi, Husband Held.
The Special Staff Team of North West District arrested Salman.
On April 16, 2022 during a procession on Hanuman Jayanti, a group of people allegedly instigated the public and pelted stones, glass bottles upon the opposite party and police staff deployed on duty.
According to police, clashes broke out between two communities during the procession and stones were pelted in the area. (ANI)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)