Benefits of sleeping aren't unknown. A night of good sleep is full of physiological and psychological health of your body. Sleep is perhaps the best treatment for your overall wellbeing. One of the recent studies has even shown that rest, besides keeping you healthy and fit, also improve your productivity and efficiency at work. We are living in a fast-paced world where we boast about how we can strive and survive with little or no sleep.
On the other hand, doctors say, this condition would harmfully affect health in the long run. We need always to remember that it’s the body that analyses how much rest it needs and not us. Overburdening the body after a point will show the impact in the form of dark circles, fatigue, irritability and lethargy. Therefore, eight hours of sleep is a must to keep your balance. World Sleep Day 2019: Funny Memes, Jokes and GIFS on Sleep That People Who Love Their Bed Too Much Will Relate To.
Ms Kanchan Naikawadi, Preventive Healthcare Specialist and Managing Director, lays down some valuable inputs about the right way to sleep for better health.
Watch Video: How to improve your sleep?
How to get good sleep?
- Take a warm bath: If you are facing trouble to fall asleep, warm water bath can be of help
- Stick to a routine: Maintain and follow a fixed daily schedule for sleeping
Stop worrying: Sleep is the best way to relax and burst your stress. Hence, when you are lying down on your bed, forget about all your worries.
- Environment matters: It is essential to keep a comfortable and cosy setting around yourself for a sound sleep.
- Soothing music helps: Playing some of your favourite music that’s soothing enough to put you to sleep is definitely a thing to do.
- Stay physically active: To get a good night’s sleep, you need to be physically active throughout the day. Besides, exercise and yoga are also known to reduce the mental stress and help you unwind after work which aids sound sleep.
Even after practising all of this, if you are still finding yourself facing difficulties to get a night of good sleep, then it is advisable to visit a general physician for a consultation.