India News | Bulandshahr: Police Announce Reward for Info on Shooters
Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Police have announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for information leading to the arrest of three shooters who allegedly killed a former village head in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr district last month, officials said on Monday.
Bulandshahr, Jul 13 (PTI) Police have announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for information leading to the arrest of three shooters who allegedly killed a former village head in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr district last month, officials said on Monday.
Sanjay, a former 'pradhan' of Jadaul village in Khanpur area, was killed on June 15, when some assailants in an SUV intercepted his car and fired multiple rounds at him, the officials said.
Three of the attackers -- Amit, Jacky and Sonu -- were later identified by police and a reward of Rs 25,000 was announced for information leading to their arrest, they said.
The reward money has now been doubled as the suspects are still at large.
Also Read | Indian News Media Captured by Fascist Interests, TV Channels Spreading Hate Filled Narrative: Rahul Gandhi.
The request for doubling the reward money was approved by IG, Meerut Zone, on Monday, the officials added.
(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)