India News | Two Suspects Held for Chopping Off, Fleeing with Karnal Man's Hands: Haryana Police

Get latest articles and stories on India at LatestLY. Two men were arrested for allegedly chopping off the hands of a Karnal resident and fleeing with the severed body parts, police here said on Friday.

Kurukshetra, Jan 13 (PTI) Two men were arrested for allegedly chopping off the hands of a Karnal resident and fleeing with the severed body parts, police here said on Friday.

The victim, identified as Jugnu, was seated at a restaurant with a woman on Monday when the assailants arrived in two vehicles and attacked him, they said.

Also Read | #Hyderabad: British Deputy High Commissioner to #India, Christina Scott Visited … – Latest Tweet by IANS India.

Following the alleged attack, the accused fled with the severed hands while the woman who was accompanying him also escaped.

Jugnu was admitted to PGIMER-Chandigarh, the police added.

Also Read | Odisha Shocker: Rajashree Swain, Woman Cricketer Found Dead in Forest Near Cuttack, Case Registered.

Addressing a press conference here, Superintendent of Police Surinder Singh Bhoria said the two accused had been nabbed from the Kaithal-Kurukshetra border when they were travelling in their car on Friday.

The duo has been identified as Hardeep Singh and Anil -- both residents of Jind district. Two sugarcane cutters allegedly used in the crime were also seized from them.

According to preliminary interrogation, eight persons were involved in the alleged attack. The police are also trying to find the whereabouts of the woman, Bhoria said.

Jugnu was out on bail in a 2020 attempt to murder case registered in Karnal, he added.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now