The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has begun the application process for the recruitment exam for various posts under Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) 2019. About 1.3 lakh vacancies such as Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Commercial Apprentice, Station Master etc are announced under the RRB NTPC recruitment 2019. As the registration process is initiated, there are various important instructions related to the newly economically weaker section (EWS) reservation that all the candidates should know. Do you fall under the EWS category? Or how to avail EWS reservation, the RRB officials have responded many doubts on their website; rrbcdg.gov.in.
Under the EWS reservation, 10 per cent seats under the government recruitment process are expected to be reserved for those whose annual family income is Rs. 8 lakhs. This is the first time that Indian Railways will provide EWS reservation to its deserving candidates.
RRB NTPC Recruitment Exam 2019: Who Qualifies for EWS Reservation?
1. Note that EWS is different from Economic Backward Class (EBC). EBC candidates are those whose annual family income is less than Rs. 50,000. Whereas, EWS candidates are those whose family income is Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
2. EWS candidates are those who are not covered under the scheme of SC/ST/OBC-NCL.
3. The annual income shall include from all the sources such as salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year, before the year of application.
4. Candidates whose family owns or possess any of the following assets will be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of family income:
- 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
- Residential flat of 1000 square feet and above;
- Residential plot of 100 square yards and above in notified municipalities;
- Residential plot of 200 square yards and above in areas other than the informed municipalities.
5. The property which is held by a “family” in different locations or different places or cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding a test to determine EWS status.
While filling the RRB NTPC recruitment 2019 applications, the candidates are advised to keep in mind all the instructions mentioned above as stated by RRB. Soon after the completion of the online forms, the RRB NTPC first stage computer-based test 2019 will be conducted, which is tentatively scheduled to be held between June to September 2019.