ISL 2019–20 ATK vs MCFC Result: Roy Krishna Stoppage-Time Goal Earns ATK a Point in 2–2 Draw Against Mumbai City
Roy Krishna of ATK Celebrates (Photo Credits: ISL)

Roy Krishna scored in stoppage-time to salvage a point for ATK and extend their unbeaten home run to three matches after Serge Kevyn’s tap-in had put Mumbai City 2-1 ahead with only two minutes remaining. Krishna scored with the last kick of the match, getting to the end of a Pritam Kotal long-ranger after a deflection from Mumbai centre-back Sarthak Golui with seconds remaining. Golui’s defensive partner Pratik Chaudhari had put Mumbai City back into the game with a well-timed header from a Mohamed Larbi corner in the 62nd minute after ATK ran as the superior team for most of the first hour. Michael Soosairaj had put the home side ahead in the 38th minute by slotting home a through ball from Edu Garcia past Amarinder Singh. ATK 2-2 Mumbai City FC, Indian Super League Match Highlights.

It was a second successive draw for both teams and kept ATK at the top of point standings but only one-point clear of Bengaluru FC and Jamshedpur, who can run clear at the top with a victory against Odisha and NorthEast United. Mumbai City, winless in their last five games, remained seventh after six matches. ATK from the same has 11.

Soosairaj put ATK ahead after a spell of dominance in which the former Jamshedpur player could have scored and assisted. His first was a through ball to Javi Hernandez when David Williams found him on left side outside Mumbai’s penalty box. Soosairaj found Javi, who shot but was blocked by the injury-returning Rowlin Borges. Mumbai City’s first chance came through Paulo Machado when the Portuguese found Diego Carlos, who in turn laid it out for Modou Sougou but the Senegalese fluffed his chance.

Soosairaj then put ATK ahead and could have doubled the lead for ATK just before the break but a tinge of selfishness, when Williams was clear and in a better position to shoot, let the opportunity skip with Sauvik clearing the ball off his feet when the ATK full-back tried to run through three Mumbai bodies.

The match eventually ended 2-2 with both hitting the targets three times each but committing more fouls than hitting shots. 26 fouls were committed to 24 shots attempted with ATK on the suffering end on most occasions. And although most looked bookable offences, the referee kept the cards locked in his pockets dishing out just three – two to Mumbai, one to ATK.