Entertainment News | System Of A Down LA Shows Delayed After Frontman Serj Tankian's Breakthrough COVID-19 Case
Get latest articles and stories on Entertainment at LatestLY. The popular Armenian-American heavy metal band 'System of a Down', has been forced to cancel this weekend's shows because frontman Serj Tankian has a breakthrough case of the coronavirus.
Washington [US], October 22 (ANI): The popular Armenian-American heavy metal band 'System of a Down', has been forced to cancel this weekend's shows because frontman Serj Tankian has a breakthrough case of the coronavirus.
According to Deadline, this announcement came today just hours before they were scheduled to take the stage with Korn, Helmet and Russian Circles at Banc of California Stadium.
Also Read | Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals She 'Barely Had Alcohol' Since Her COVID-19 Diagnosis.
Tankian said on social media that he had tested positive for COVID-19. The 54-year-old musician said he was fully vaccinated, and said he had been "incredibly careful" over the course of the pandemic.
The Los Angeles shows were eagerly awaited by fans. The shows will now be held on February 4 and 5, 2022.
Also Read | And Just Like That: Cynthia Nixon Reveals She Is Directing the Show's Upcoming Highly-Anticipated Revival.
After a 15-year hiatus, System of a Down had finally released new music last year to spotlight the problems in the war between Armenia and Azerbaijan.
Some of System of a Down's biggest all-time hits include 'Chop Suey', 'Toxicity', and 'B.Y.O.B.' (ANI)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)