Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh) [India], July 10 (ANI): Constable Ajay Kashyap, who sustained injuries in the Kanpur encounter on July 3, on Friday, said that gangster Vikas Dubey's encounter will restore public confidence in police and the government.

Speaking to ANI, he said that the encounter brought solace to his soul.

Also Read | PM Narendra Modi Expresses Grief Over Loss of Lives Due to Heavy Rain as well as Landslides in Arunachal Pradesh: Live News Breaking & Coronavirus Updates on July 10, 2020.

"It has brought solace to my soul. It would restore public confidence in police and government," Kashyap said.

Kanpur encounter case main accused Vikas Dubey was killed in an encounter with the police on Friday.Dubey, the main accused in the Kanpur encounter case was arrested by the police in Ujjain on Thursday morning. He was on the run for the last several days and had come to Ujjain to offer prayers at Temple, where he was identified by a security guard at the shrine.The gangster was the main accused in the encounter that took place in Bikru village in Chaubeypur area of Kanpur last week, in which a group of assailants allegedly opened fire on a police team, which had gone to arrest Dubey. Eight police personnel were killed in the encounter.Dubey managed to escape and the Uttar Pradesh police launched a hunt and raised the bounty on him to Rs 5 lakh. (ANI)

Also Read | HBSE Class 10 Results 2020 Declared, Check Marks Online at bseh.org.in.

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)