Latest News | Mother-son Duo Booked in Rape, Assault Case in Thane District

Get latest articles and stories on Latest News at LatestLY. A case has been registered against a mother-son duo for alleged rape and assault on a 36-year-old woman in Maharashtra's Thane district, police said on Tuesday.

Thane, Apr 22 (PTI) A case has been registered against a mother-son duo for alleged rape and assault on a 36-year-old woman in Maharashtra's Thane district, police said on Tuesday.

Based on a complaint, the Kalwa police on Sunday registered a first information report under sections 69 (sexual intercourse by employing deceitful means, etc.), 115(2) (voluntarily causing hurt) and other relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyay Sanhita, an official said.

Also Read | What Is Sleep Divorce? Here's Why Over 70% of Indian Couples Are Choosing Separate Beds To Save Their Relationships.

He said the alleged crime took place between June 6, 2023 and February 2025.

The complainant has alleged that the accused man, a resident of Kalwa, befriended her on social media and lured her into a physical relationship with the promise of marriage. The accused, who was already married, allegedly raped the woman on multiple occasions with his mother's knowledge, the official said.

Also Read | How Did Pope Francis Die? As Roman Catholic Church Head Passes Away, Know Likely Cause of His Death.

He said later, the victim saw photographs of other women on the accused's mobile phone and confronted him, and he assaulted her.

The police are probing into the allegations, and no arrests have been made so far.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)

Share Now

Share Now