New Delhi, November 19: The Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday told Parliament that stone-pelting incidents have reduced in Jammu and Kashmir after the abrogation of Article 370 in the Valley. While replying to a query by MP Kanak Mal Katara, the MHA said that since August 5, 2019, to November 15, 2019, 765 persons have been arrested related to stone-pelting incidents. Meanwhile, the ministry also claimed that a total of 190 stone-pelting cases had been filed during the same period. Jammu and Kashmir: Over 40 Lakh Postpaid Mobile Services Restored in Valley, Internet to Remain Suspended.
The government compared the situation after August 5 with post- Burhan Wani's death till abrogation of Article 370. According to media reports, the government in the Lok Sabha also said that around 34,000 domestic tourists and 13,000 foreign tourists had visited Kashmir in the last six months. The ministry told Parliament that 18 people had been chargesheeted in the terror funding cases so far. Jammu And Kashmir Shutdown: Supreme Court Asks Centre to Place All Restriction Orders Before It, Next Hearing on October 25.
On August 5, the Narendra Modi government diluted Article 370 to scrap special status of Jammu and Kashmir. The state was also divided into two union territories - Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. After the decision, the communication blockade was imposed in the Kashmir Valley. However, on October 14, the government restored post-paid mobile services in the area. Still, there is ban io internet services in the Kashmir Valley. A day before the abrogation of Article 370, local leaders of the Valley including Farooq Abdullah, Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti were put under house arrest.